We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail, underpinned by our established company values that define and guide what is important to our people. We’re a diverse team of talented colleagues (from 50 countries!) who have a real curiosity for the world around them.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international team (working hybrid from our HQ in Utrecht and/or from your home in the Netherlands), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
We’re on the search for…
…someone who can take our people vision to the next level through supporting all colleagues by advising on all areas of the “people” function, while being the benchmark for expected company behaviours.
We are happy to announce we will be expanding the team with a new colleague!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the People and Culture team reporting to the Head of HR Operations.
You’ll be involved and specialized in:
- All things with regards to Learning and Development. After a new colleague has joined the company and is eager to take their knowledge and skills to the next level, you are there to guide them to the development they are looking for, from authorizing individual training requests, to identifying possible solutions with the management team. In addition, you will support growth and putting the ‘Customer at the Heart of Everything we do’ through organizing and coordinating companywide training, presentations and team building events, in partnership with other P&C team members.
- Next to this, you will coordinate the work and projects together with the other colleagues in the team, and ensure the HR work runs smoothly for instance training, policies, on- and offboarding.
- The (continuous) improvement of the HR policies and the internal HR documents in terms of L&D, including presenting changes at the all company update (SoT) and delivering updates via the internal comms channels.
- Collaborating with department heads to identify training needs, design effective training programs, and create engaging learning materials.
- Managing the learning and development budget, making cost-effective decisions to maximize the impact of training programs.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs through assessments, surveys, and feedback to make continuous improvements and measure the impact on employee performance.
What we’re looking for
It's already looking like a possible match when you share the same mindset as us, being forward-thinking, results-driven, caring and embracing diversity.
In terms of your experience and strengths:
- 6-8 years of experience within Learning & Development in a diverse and international environment
- Experience in analysing training needs, designing effective learning programs, and familiarity with Learning Management Systems and digital training tools, next to knowledge of the Dutch labour law. Generic knowledge on health care and pension are bonus points
- Has a degree in Human Resource Management, or Human Resources related studies, or Business (related) Studies
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, and different priorities
- You can think creatively and outside of the box;
- Strong communication skills-has confidence to communicate in different situations.
- Strong analytical skills- can quickly analyse complex issues and come up with sharp solutions
- Flexibility of interlinking different layers within the company
- Thrives on connecting with others, and talking with other colleagues, in all types of situations.
In addition, it’s bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of the SAFe framework
- A love of sustainable travel!
- Already hold the correct documents to work in the Netherlands
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that it’s necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free Interrail/Eurail travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- Unlimited access to OpenUp psychologists to support mental well-being.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your well-being through a generous personal allowance.
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget.
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 60, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): from € 4.830 to € 6.000 based on experience.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging
Travelling is about making connections. Our culture reflects and represents the communities that our product proudly connects. We share our traveller’s natural curiosity, passion for adventure and embrace of new experiences.
We offer a safe environment where you can bring your whole self to work, recognising that our strength lies in our differences and our values. Through self-organising teams that encompass a diverse range of views, skills and backgrounds, we encourage a culture of openness, curiosity and flexibility - attributes vital to deepening our shared understanding of customer perspectives.
And just as travel is about discovery, we are on a continuous journey to make our culture even more inclusive.
Curious to apply?
Apply directly via our website (https://jobs.eurail.com/en/vacancies).
- We'll ask you to share your resume in English (our business language) and tell us why you're excited about Eurail and this particular role. It doesn't hurt to be creative; we love to see your personality shine through.
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.
In the meantime…
Following your application, we will provide you with an update, even if you are unsuccessful. We appreciate the effort it takes to apply for a new role so we ensure that we respond to every candidate.
If you’re curious to know more, why not check us out on LinkedIn and get a feel for our culture, our values, and our place in the world. And we’re eager to answer any questions you might have too… just send them over to email@example.com and our People & Culture team will pick them up.