We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further. To be more precise: there are more than 30,000 destinations in Europe ready to be discovered with one Pass.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail. We're a diverse team (more than 50 nationalities!) of talented and passionate colleagues who have a real curiosity for the world around them.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international and passionate team (working hybrid, from our office in Utrecht and working from home), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
We’re on the search for…
…someone who can take our people vision to the next level through supporting all colleagues by advising on all areas of the “people” function, while being the benchmark for expected company behaviours.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the People and Culture team reporting to the Head of HR.
You’ll be involved in:
- Picking up day to day HR tasks, such as requests sent in via e-mail or Visma, including discussing contract extensions/ end of contracts with managers.
- Meeting with colleagues, in person, to discuss questions or concerns on all HR topics, including but not limited to; training, absences, polices, and contracts.
- Preparing payroll and various reports, and completing salary benchmarks
- Working with the HR administrator for the escalation of incoming e-mails in the HR inbox, setting up/ reviewing contracts and various other legal documents. Covers HR admin tasks in the absence of the HR Administrator.
- Assisting with on and off boarding of colleagues, including delivering HR presentations, and conducting in person exit interviews
- All matters involving employee development, including organising company-wide training or delivering presentations.
- The (continuous) improvement of the HR policies and the internal HR documents, including presenting changes at the all company update (SoT) and delivering updates via the internal comms channels.
- Supporting the HR team with ad hoc projects and tasks
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office at least 3 days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free global travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your wellbeing through a generous personal allowance.
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget.
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 59, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): around € 3800 based on experience.
What we’re looking for in you
We’re looking for talented people who go ‘One Stop Further’ and have the same mindset as us, being forward-thinking, results-driven, caring, and embracing diversity.
In terms of your experience and strengths, we’re looking for;
- 1-3 years of experience as a HR administrator or HR advisor, in a diverse and international environment
- Familiar with Dutch employment law, including pension, health care and payroll
- Has a degree in Human Resource Management, or Business Studies
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, and different priorities
- Strong communication skills-has confidence to communicate in different situations.
- Strong analytical skills- can quickly analyse complex issues and come up with sharp solutions
- Flexibility of interlinking different layers within the company
- Thrives on connecting with others, and talking with other colleagues, in all types of situations.
In addition, its bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of the SAFe framework
- A love of sustainable travel!
- Already hold the correct documents to work in the Netherlands
Curious to apply?
Apply directly via our website (https://jobs.eurail.com/en/vacancies).
- Please submit a motivational letter, with your resume in English (our business language)
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.
In the meantime…
Following your application, we will provide you with an update, even if you are unsuccessful. We appreciate the effort it takes to apply for a new role so we ensure that we respond to every candidate.
If you’re curious to know more, why not check us out on LinkedIn and get a feel for our culture, our values, and our place in the world. And we’re eager to answer any questions you might have too… just send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org and our People & Culture team will pick them up.