Are you an innovative and passionate Community Manager with a love for sustainable travel? Are you ready to take on a new challenge in the world of European rail travel and help take our online community to the next level? Join us on our exciting journey as we spark the curiosity of travellers from all over the world to discover every corner of Europe by train. As our Community Manager you will contribute to a positive customer experience and the success of Eurail by managing our online community platform community.eurail.com in close co-operation with internal and external stakeholders.
We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further. To be more precise: there are more than 30,000 destinations in Europe ready to be discovered with one Pass.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail. We're a diverse team (49 nationalities!) of talented and passionate colleagues who have a real curiosity for the world around them. We like thinkers and do-ers, and people that ask a lot of questions.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international and passionate team (based in Utrecht and working from home), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role you will be the owner of the online community platforms for Eurail & Interrail, and DiscoverEU helping to set the vision and strategy in line with customer needs and company strategy, and act as a moderation advisor on the platforms. More specifically:
- Develop and execute the community strategy and roadmap to further enhance the customer experience and position the community platform as a valuable tool throughout customer journey alongside other brand channels, particularly social and customer service channels
- Train and guide customer service agents for community platform moderation in line with the company brand strategy and tone of voice. Be the point of contact for community escalations
- Initiate and test activities and content to grow community registration and engagement to (a) further develop the peer-to-peer self-service network; (b) drive customer engagement; and (c) build community love, trust and overall advocacy for Eurail and Interrail
- Work with our research team to initiate customer feedback via focus groups and user testing
- Summarise community insights acting as input for the customer feedback loop and railway carrier operations to support the product and experience improvement
- Manage the relationship with our platform provider, Insided
- Evaluate and evolve processes and guidelines to further professionalise the management of the community platforms
- Stay up to date in relevant industry news and trends to guide engagement and customer/partner/content creator collaboration
What we’re looking for in you
- A passion for travel and working alongside real Eurail & Interrail travellers!
- Fluent in English, for both written and verbal communications. Additional languages are an advantage
- Data and insight driven. You know how to use data and insights to support iterative improvement for our travellers (we work Agile SAFe across the company)
- Creative and not afraid to test new ideas, especially those involving our community members
- Able to keep the bigger picture vision in mind, while not losing focusing on what matters today
- Happy to work alongside internal and external stakeholders (especially customers!) to optimise. You are comfortable getting buy-in from stakeholders across the company to support the growth of the community channel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
- As our ultimate community ambassador, strong presentation skills are essential – you’ll be regularly updating on community insights and gaining more engagement and awareness internally about the Community
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a digital environment. Experience within customer service, social media, SEO and/or content creation, and basic knowledge of html and/or CMS are considered pluses
- Ability to multitask, and strong prioritisation skills
- You are a Bachelor’s or Masters Marketing related field (i.e. product development, digital media and/or Communications)
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free global travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your well-being through a generous personal allowance.
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget.
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 58 - 59, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): upwards of €3300 per month based on experience.
Submitting your application
- Please submit a motivational letter, with your resume in English (our business language).
- Alongside your letter and CV please submit your top 3 recommendations for improving our community platform in either written form (400 words or less) or a short video (under 1 minute)
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process at a later stage
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications via Indeed or other recruitment websites, as these sites bypass our recruitment system, which is in place to ensure compliance with GDPR and our inclusion and diversity policy.
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.
In the meantime…
Following your application, we will provide you with an update, even if you are unsuccessful. We appreciate the effort it takes to apply for a new role so we ensure that we respond to every candidate.
If you’re curious to know more, why not check us out on LinkedIn and get a feel for our culture, our values, and our place in the world. And we’re eager to answer any questions you might have too… just send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org and our People & Culture team will pick them up.
Due to GDPR, we ask that you don’t apply for vacancies via email@example.com or send us any personal information (other than your name and contact details).